Wedding Forums/ Weddings Zone Ireland

Your Engagement Story!

Your Engagement Story!

Postby lollymay13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi ladies! :action-smiley-030:
Please share your stories of the proposal here! :D

Mine wasn't all that romantic, I was 17 and h2b was 19. My grandmother was over from england and my best friend was with me getting ready for my birthday night out. I went into the living room to zip up my boots, when I stood up again h2b was standing next to me with the box open and just said "Will you marry me?"
My first response? "F**k Off!" :oops: I was in disbelief! I don't even remember saying it!
Next thing I remember is mum sat in the corner whispering "GET DOWN ON ONE KNEE!" so h2b did as he was told :lol: and took the ring out of the box and placed it on my finger. We were both in floods of tears and i got down on the floor with him. We stayed kneeling on the floor just hugging and crying for about 5 mins.I remember being so embarrassed that he did it in front of my parents and grandmother, but he told me later that he did that for a reason. Because we were so young, he wanted to prove to my parents that he was serious! :heart1: He even asked for my dad's permission! :heart1: :kiss2:
So my birthday night out became my engagement night out, where we danced to the same song we're having as our first dance at the wedding. :heart1: So like i said, it's not the most romantic story ever, but everybody's story is different and romantic in their own way!
lollymay13
Aristocratic Weddie

Re: Your Engagement Story!

Postby gracie-hart » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm

awh thats so sweet and romantic :kiss2:

i love reading peoples engagement stories :heart1:
gracie-hart
Princess Weddie

Postby gracie-hart » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:33 pm

this always seems longer when i'm writing it but here it goes,

This is our story:

we were in egypt and h2b bought me a ring he'd seen me looking at, he hid it in his bag and asked me to get something out of the pocket where it was. when i opened the box i got a tad over excited and did an olympic gold medal worthy long jump from one end of the room to the top of the bed where h2b was. he chickened out of asking me after i did this

on the way home he bought another ring in the airport and hid it in his carry on luggage, i wasnt in the shop with him when he bought it so i'd no idea. 2 days after we got home we went for a walk in our local park. i know a park isnt the most romantic place in the world but it has special memories for us, its where we first became friends, went for lots of walks there together in the early days as well. anyway, as we were walking he took off his jacket and put it around my shoulders (didnt think anything of this as he always does this when i'm cold) i told him i wasnt cold but because i was too busy talking i didnt think anymore of it. then one topic led to another and we starting talking about how much we meant to one another. i said i want to spend the rest of my life with you, he said how about marrying me then? i thought he was joking (but deep down i knew he wasnt) so i started laughing nervously. he said, well are you gonna answer me? i said ask me again properly so he put his hand into the right pocket of the jacket he had put around me and pulled out a box and opened it and said, "will you marry me?" so i said yes and threw my arms around him. i couldnt stop crying for abou 15 mins but i was sooooo happy and i still am
gracie-hart
Princess Weddie

Postby lollymay13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm

I read it on another thread, I thought it was so sweet that he chickened out the first time and had to try again! :lol: :heart2: Thats so romantic! :D
lollymay13
Aristocratic Weddie

Postby gracie-hart » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm

ah he's such a softie, the first time he told me he loved me was by text because he said he was afraid i'd laugh at him or turn him down

i text him back saying well i feel the same but i'm not gonna say it to you for the first time over text so it had to wait until we seen each other 2 days later....i know i'm terrible, but to me i always wanted to look into his eyes when saying it and hearing it :kiss2: :wub:
gracie-hart
Princess Weddie

Postby lollymay13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Oh i'm the same! Even now, it feels more sincere when we're sat next to each other and look into each other's eyes when we say it. :kiss2: :heart2:
lollymay13
Aristocratic Weddie

Postby gracie-hart » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:57 pm

awh definitely, i love when we're just sitting there snuggling and he gives me a big hug and kiss and says those 3 little words :loveyousign:
gracie-hart
Princess Weddie

Postby lollymay13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

:sSig_agreed: :kiss2: :heart1: :heart2: :heart1:
lollymay13
Aristocratic Weddie

Postby gracie-hart » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:25 pm

dont forget to shove a few kleenex down your dress for the church and speeches because you sound like a weeper like myself :cry: :lol:
gracie-hart
Princess Weddie

Postby lollymay13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Oh I totally am, i'm awful weepy! :lol: H2b thinks i'm a sap! :lol: Every movie, i'll be there crying away and h2b will just look at me and shake his head and i'll be like "Shut up!" lol
lollymay13
Aristocratic Weddie

Next

Return to Wedding & Engagement Announcements - Weddings Forums - WeddingsZone.ie