Wedding Forums/ Weddings Zone Ireland

Wedding Menu

Re: Wedding Menu

Postby Amanda B » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi ladies, im getting married next august just cant decide between the main course menus that the hotel has given me!! Can ye help me??? :confused-smiley-013:

menu option 1
traditional roast stuffed turkey and ham- with sage &onion stuffing, cranberry sauce and red wine roast gravy
OR
Baked supreme of salmon with lemon & herb crust served with a white wine sauce & dill cream sauce

Menu option 2
supreme of Chicken "A La King" ( fricassee of chicken and capsicum pepper with onion, mushrooms and tarragon cooked in a cream sauce)

OR

Beef Bourguignon ( tender Irish beef Braised, with Shallots, Thyme, smoked Bacon & Red Wine Sauce)

SO WHAT DO YE THINK??? My wedding is in August and i wanted it to light and refreshing !!
Amanda B
Newbie Weddie

Postby grogmg » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:23 am

Turkey is the safe option, but I love the sound of the beef!!!! That would be my choice, the hotel will always have alternative dishes for ppl on the day that may not be able to eat the beef. Have you tasted both all the different options?
grogmg
Noble Weddie

Postby gracie-hart » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 pm

i've gone with the turkey option myself, it suits most people, but no matter what you pick even if you provided choices you still wouldnt please everyone
gracie-hart
Princess Weddie

Postby Fgirl » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:53 pm

I think thats true grog... like for me I'm not big into turkey or beef..
Fgirl
Princess Weddie

Postby grogmg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 pm

I would usually go for turkey, but im picky about veg, I hate lumpy spuds, they have ot be nice and cream with no lumps or bits, and I lovey gravy aswell!
grogmg
Noble Weddie

Postby sandydeeee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm really stressed bout my menu a few elder family members are insisting i have to have turkey and ham on my menu as everyone does it but to be honest i'm not really sold on it i'd prefer beef or lamb and a fish dish
sandydeeee
Apprentice Weddie

Postby Lucypoploo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:09 am

We are going with turkey and ham too as this always seems to go down well. I was at a wedding last September and it was beef, while most potatoes and veg was cleared an awful lot of the beef was left and it wasn't very tender, but the Xmas wedding I was at in the same hotel was turkey and ham with sage & onion stuffing, plates were fairly clear as far as I could see.
Lucypoploo
Commoner Weddie

Postby Poppit12 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 am

I love beef swell but turkey and ham is usually the safe bet, I am def not going with melon for starter, I'm fed up getting it so we are going with chicken and mushroom vol's. They are so nice.
Poppit12
Commoner Weddie

Postby grogmg » Sun May 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Oh I love chicken and mushroom vol au vonts!!! Most people eat turkey and ham as its not hard to get right, however, people are picky about beef, if its very tough or cooked too rare people wont eat it. Beef needs to be tender and juicy which can be hard to acheive especially as the dinners often have to be kept warm for half an hour to an hour before they are served, hence why meet can sometimes be a bit dry!
grogmg
Noble Weddie

Postby Lucypoploo » Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 am

That's the biggest problem I have with beef, it is always too fatty, or too dry or chewy. I'm very fussy about meat and like really tender. I kind of find the same with lamb.

We were out one day, walking along the docks in Dublin, and went into this Boat place for lunch. The Cill Arne or something it was called, its down the O2 side. I had beef, with potatoes and a yorkshire pudding with gravy. I have to say it was so succulent and tender and the nicest beef I've ever has, I'd love to know how they get it like that.
Lucypoploo
Commoner Weddie

Previous

Return to Wedding Food & Wedding Drink - - Weddings Zone Forums